[SOLVED!!] Prevent dialogue disappearing during sprite transition?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
mitoky
Veteran
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie

Re: Prevent dialogue disappearing during sprite transition?

#16 Post by mitoky »

Offworlder wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:11 am
mitoky wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:41 am From what i tested, this works and there should be no transparent iimages etc. If there is anyhting wrong, let me know!
I've thus far tried the first two codes, but I'm encountering the same issue I did with the other transform posted here. The text doesn't disappear (which is good), but the sprite does. Right at the start of the transition/transform, the entire sprite vanishes, then fades back in.

I would definitely appreciate if you have any suggestions for why this might be!
Could you past the code exactly as you had it written?

Offworlder
Regular

#17 Post by Offworlder »

mitoky wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:52 am Could you past the code exactly as you had it written?
WAIT! I actually did get it working after all!
I didn't realize the "dummy" sprite had to be in a separate category from the other "neth" sprites. I initially just used "neth b22", but changing it to "nethb22" (no space) solved everything.

This has been plaguing me for AGES!
Thank you so much for your help!

mitoky
Veteran
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie

#18 Post by mitoky »

Offworlder wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:12 pm
mitoky wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:52 am Could you past the code exactly as you had it written?
WAIT! I actually did get it working after all!
I didn't realize the "dummy" sprite had to be in a separate category from the other "neth" sprites. I initially just used "neth b22", but changing it to "nethb22" (no space) solved everything.

This has been plaguing me for AGES!
Thank you so much for your help!
No problem, glad it works (: