[SOLVED]Is it possible to use a win save file (1-LT1.save) on Mac OS or it need to convert in something else?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
deltadidirac
Regular
Projects: Artworks and Comics
Tumblr: deltadidirac
Deviantart: Deltadidirac67

[SOLVED]Is it possible to use a win save file (1-LT1.save) on Mac OS or it need to convert in something else?

#1 Post by deltadidirac »

Hi, sorry for the question but I never used a Mac OS and I don't know it.

My intention it's to give with the new version update of the game a save file that start from the last point of the previous version (not every time, but only when I'm doing big and hard changes on the code, so you loose the possibility to use your personal previous save files and you must play all the game from start).
I can do this for win-pc OS because I have it, but I don't know with the other OS systems..

thanks
Last edited by deltadidirac on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

Re: Is it possible to use a win save file (1-LT1.save) on Mac OS or it need to convert in something else?

#2 Post by DragoonHP »

Yes. Save files are platform indepenent

deltadidirac
Regular
Projects: Artworks and Comics
Tumblr: deltadidirac
Deviantart: Deltadidirac67

Re: Is it possible to use a win save file (1-LT1.save) on Mac OS or it need to convert in something else?

#3 Post by deltadidirac »

Hi DragoonHP

thanks, great notice!