Yes/No prompt deformed [SOLVED]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
lexiconofashes

Yes/No prompt deformed [SOLVED]

#1 Post by lexiconofashes »

Hi- I'm making a wee fangame and I'm trying to use a custom image for yes/no prompts in order to mimic the aesthetics of another game (specifically, Danganronpa V3's Talent Development Plan).

I am saving the images as 600x250px png files, just as the default. However, non-rectangular boxes are deformed strangely at the corners. I have looked, and I haven't been able to find information on this issue at all. I don't recall editing any of the code dealing with the confirm prompt in my screens.rpy file, but I suppose it's not impossible that I did something to cause this.

My assumption is that this is happening because the game is trying to stretch the image weirdly (even the regular rectangle appears to have thicker colored corners than intended). If that is the case, can I force the image to be stretched by the horizontal and vertical axes?

As seen below, the issue doesn't seem to be with transparency as it also happens when I make the entire image opaque!

examples:

Thank you for any assistance that can be offered!
Last edited by lexiconofashes on Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Yes/No prompt deformed

#2 Post by Alex »

Check settings for Frame and Borders that are used for yes/no prompt screen background.
https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/displayables.html#Frame
https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/displaya ... ml#Borders

lexiconofashes

Re: Yes/No prompt deformed

#3 Post by lexiconofashes »

Thank you so much for your help! I changed the borders to 0 (since no matter what I changed the values to otherwise they would be stretched) and then added padding as needed. Now they work perfectly!