Issue with imagemap menus

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
SomeDude

Issue with imagemap menus

#1 Post by SomeDude »

I have been using imagemaps for my menus and I have run into this problem where the hotspots of the previous menu are still there when going to another one.

Nothing happens when I click on them but I know they're there cause whenever I hover over it, it does the sound effect I put on it. I have been using action ShowMenu("menu_name") for the hotspots, I also used action Help() for the help menu, but the same problem happens.

The only time this doesn't happen is when I use a button with the action MainMenu(). Does anyone know how I can fix this?

SomeDude

Re: Issue with imagemap menus

#2 Post by SomeDude »

So I solved the problem. For anyone that may be wondering or have run into the same issue, all I did was include "tag menu" at the start of my main menu screen. This in turn also fixed another issue I had where the action Return() didn't work if you accessed the other menus through the main menu.