Resolving Linear/Ease movements

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Skiegh
Regular

Resolving Linear/Ease movements

#1 Post by Skiegh »

Hello, hello. Another quick question. I know it's possible with transitions using "ease" and such to resolve movement when skipping ahead. However, if you just use ease normally, and someone skips ahead, the movement keeps going onto the next dialogue. Most of the time, that's fine, but when doing dynamic movement, where a character moves forward, bumps another character, then they move, and so on, I sort of have to do a bunch of subtle timing variations. I've gotten around that by just copying and pasting the end results onto the next screen, but I was wondering if there is a quicker way, like some sort of "resolve" statement or something, where the game completes the transform before moving to the screen, like it does with transitions.

Saves me time while coding in images and such. Something I am trying to find shortcuts for. (Expect more questions related to it~)

Thanks in advance.