[Solved] What can be causing the game to show the deleted images?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Nanahs
Veteran

[Solved] What can be causing the game to show the deleted images?

#1 Post by Nanahs »

I copied my game's folder to make another version of it translated to another language.

I deleted the image that had texts in English and replaced it with the one that was translated to another language.
The weird thing is that when I click on that label, for 1 second it shows the image in English then it changes to the translated one.

Like, how is that even possible? I deleted the image in english. How can it keep showing up? :lol:

I even created a new folder and renamed the image (and changed it in the code), but it keeps happening.

I have no idea what be causing it, since it makes no sense hah

It's hapenning with all translated images I replaced. But the weird thing is that I really deleted the ones in English.

Like, let's just say there's a folder called "Game English" and another one called "Game Translated" (it was a copy and I renamed).

Even the pictures inside "Game Translated" being the translated ones, it keeps using the images of "Game English" :?: :?:

Is the game "recognizing" the first version's folder and not the copy? It's weird :oops: :?: :?:

Thanks.
Last edited by Nanahs on Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: What can be causing the game to show the deleted images?

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

Are you refreshing the game with shift + R or completely relaunching it?
Images are read into RAM so if you're just refreshing, it might be that the cached image is still the one you deleted.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

Nanahs
Veteran

#3 Post by Nanahs »

Imperf3kt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:08 pm Are you refreshing the game with shift + R or completely relaunching it?
Images are read into RAM so if you're just refreshing, it might be that the cached image is still the one you deleted.
No, I really relauched it. I even restarted my computer and nothing changed.
It's like it doesn't matter what I do, it only recognizes the images from the another version folder :?: :?:

I renamed an image and also changed it in the code. Now it's showing the translated one.
I guess I'll have to do it with all images.

Nanahs
Veteran

#4 Post by Nanahs »

After I renamed everything it worked. It's just weird :lol: :?:
Anyway, it worked. Thanks :)