How can I repeat these transformations/animations in RenPy?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
RoseGardenGames
Regular
Projects: The Alien of The Occult Club
Organization: Rose Garden Games
itch: rosegardengames

How can I repeat these transformations/animations in RenPy?

#1 Post by RoseGardenGames »

Hello, everyone! So up to recently, I've been developing using Visual Novel Maker. However, I'm slowly, but surely, making the move to Ren'Py. One of the things I'm missing the most (perhaps the thing, even) about VN Maker is the ease with which I was able to make my characters move around and have them interact on screen, while dialogue appeared on the screen, and so on.

I've uploaded footage of the different things I'd like to be able to do that I had been in VN Maker, if that helps any. Among these there are multiple characters moving at once, characters moving constantly (bouncing or moving around uneasily for example) even as the dialogue continues, that sort of thing.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Image Check out my current project, The Alien of The Occult Club! Image