Renply Graphics from Daz3d

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
dennissaton

Renply Graphics from Daz3d

#1 Post by dennissaton »

Before I render a character. What setting do i need to choose?
Do I need too choose transparent if so where is that located.

I have a background as a jpg file. I imagine I just cant save the char as a .png and that would work.
So what else would i need to do. If someone has a youtube video that i can watch on how to go from Daz 3d to renpy that would be awsome

Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Renply Graphics from Daz3d

#2 Post by Andredron »

you model the character, put a green background behind the model (or the color that is not on the model). save jpg, and in photoshop, crop, or tool. pen-cut sprite needed

[youtube]
https://youtu.be/FKsl4PJkJRc
[/youtube]

Matalla
Veteran
Completed: Max Power and the Egyptian Beetle Case, The Candidate, The Last Hope, El cajón del viejo escritorio, Clementina y la luna roja, Caught in Orbit, Dirty Business Ep 0, Medianoche de nuevo, The Lost Smile
itch: matalla-interactive

#3 Post by Matalla »

I have not used daz in a long time, but I think it can export the render with an alpha channel (given that is exported in a format that support it), so you won't have to do that chroma thing, it will be transparent right away.

I don't think you have to do anything if there is indeed transparency in the rendered image and you choose a file format that support it, but you better check it.
Comunidad Ren'Py en español (Discord)
Honest Critique

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#4 Post by Donmai »

Basically, render your character without any backdrop and save it as a PNG. If you save it as a TIFF it will include an alpha mask channel, as Matalla told you.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)