Transition Not Working Onlayer Pan

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Westeford
Regular
Completed: 12 Hours to Die
Projects: Project Premonition
itch: westeford

Transition Not Working Onlayer Pan

#1 Post by Westeford »

So I have these functions.

Code: Select all

init python: #Shoop in field image
    def shoop_in(image):
        renpy.sound.play("sfx/shoop_in.ogg")
        renpy.show(image, at_list=[holdleft])
        renpy.with_statement(dissolveleft)

def shoop_out(image):
        renpy.sound.play("sfx/shoop_out.ogg")
        renpy.hide(image)
        renpy.with_statement(dissolveright)
It plays a sound and places an image at holdleft with the transition "dissolveleft" which is the following:

define dissolveright = ComposeTransition(dissolve, before=easeoutleft, after=easeinright)
define dissolveleft = ComposeTransition(dissolve, before=easeoutright, after=easeinleft)
As it is now, it works fine on the master layer.
However when having to show the image on a non-master layer, the transition doesn't work. Instead of properly transitioning, the image pops in as if the transition doesn't exist.
I made the following identical function with the only difference being put onlayer screens

def shoop_in_pan(image):
        renpy.sound.play("sfx/shoop_in.ogg")
        renpy.show(image, at_list=[holdleft], layer='screens')
        renpy.with_statement(dissolveleft)
The image is appearing fine and on the right position. It's just the transition will not work.

I've had this issue with the ease transitions onlayer screens. But I can use dissolve transitions just fine onlayer screens.

Am I missing something? I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.