Changing display modes

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
NotABot55

Changing display modes

#1 Post by NotABot55 »

Let's see if this query belongs here:

I recently bought a netbook, and have been playing my massive backlog of light CPU-intensive games on it. Naturally, that includes the various titles at the Archive.
The only problem I have is that some of the games have their windows cut off because of the netbook's smaller screen, and it seems that none of them support an 800 x 400 resolution in full screen mode.
Is there some walkaround for this problem, aside from hooking up my netbook to a PC monitor?

Vorsic

Re: Changing display modes

#2 Post by Vorsic »

In version 6.9.1 a feature was added that automatically resizes the game if it is too large. The games you played were probably made with an older version of RenPy. You might be able to make the games run with the latest version but I don't know how to do that.