Creating Chapters In A Dating Simulator

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Wolvnblues
Projects: The Line Between
Tumblr: adennotroll
Deviantart: wolvnblues

Creating Chapters In A Dating Simulator

#1 Post by Wolvnblues »

Hey all!

New creator here. I've finished my prologue and I'm looking to move forward and start creating chapters for a dating simulator I'm working on. I've scoured different parts of the forum and read through the various tutorials but can't seem to find anything on them. I'm familiar with coding and pick up on things quick so I'm more than happy to even read through a written script of text.

I use Python with Ren'Py if that helps at all...And the games I'm kind of following as a guideline are all produced by Dogenzaka Labs (on Steam). I plan on having a percentage system like theirs, but that can be addressed in another post.

I look forward to sharing future content with everyone! And would appreciate any help that can be given.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Wolvnblues on Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XxrenxX
Veteran
Projects: Chasing
Deviantart: bara-ettie

Re: Creating Chapters A Dating Simulator

#2 Post by XxrenxX »

I'm not familiar with Dogenzaka Labs. Do they do otome or just basic visual novel style games? Hard to help when we aren't sure what you are looking to do exactly. Could you elaborate?

Most visual novels {I've played anyway] are choice based or point based. Not sure what you mean by chapters as my only familiarity with chapters in VN's would be like Steins;Gate or Ayakashi Gohan that openly tells you what chapter you're on as you progress. I'm not a fan of that style myself so I only have the chapters or sections marked in my code, not the gameplay.

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Re: Creating Chapters A Dating Simulator

#3 Post by isobellesophia »

How about this one? It may help you.

viewtopic.php?t=17301
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

Wolvnblues
Projects: The Line Between
Tumblr: adennotroll
Deviantart: wolvnblues

Re: Creating Chapters In A Dating Simulator

#4 Post by Wolvnblues »

The link isabellesophia provided is what I was looking for! Thank you both so much for the help!