Screen priority issues

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Adabelitoo
Regular

Screen priority issues

#1 Post by Adabelitoo »

Hi everyone,I'm having issues with these two buttons, I want them to always be in the front since those are the main two options the player will need but I have this particular imagemap when I put another button (a door) and the door is over the icons. What I remember from the renpy tutorial, find in google and searching here was to use Zorder, but the problem is that I don't know were should I put it, I've tried every single place I could imagine and every option I found while googling it but nothing works.

Those two buttons are in the same screen (freemode), each button is at a different position and the style those buttons use are different than the imagemap buttons

Just in case it isn't obvious, the map icon is also behind the door

Thanks for reading.
Attachments
renpy.png

Chiligoat
Regular
Projects: Witches 4 Hire

Re: Screen priority issues

#2 Post by Chiligoat »

Code: Select all

screen free_mode():
 zorder 1 #<---- right there :)
 add "images/overlay/frame_tooltip.png"
 add "images/overlay/frame_info.png"
Make sure that the screen your door is on is on a number lower than the screen you put your buttons on and all should be well!

Adabelitoo
Regular

Re: Screen priority issues

#3 Post by Adabelitoo »

Lol, that was the first thing I tried and it didn't work

After posting this, I started working on some events and I don't know how but now it's magically working as I wanted without using zorder or touching that part of the code at all, so... I don't know, it's rare