Changing the y-axis and size of the Menu buttons?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
CrystalMagick

Changing the y-axis and size of the Menu buttons?

#1 Post by CrystalMagick »

So I want to do a more custom main menu for this game I'm making, and I'm wanting to fill up some space with the menu buttons
I've figured out how to remove the box the menu's start with, as well as moving the buttons on the x-axis,
The problem is I can't find how to move them on the y-axis or make the buttons bigger, the ren'py guides don't seem to address this, and any videos on it are old and out of date.

Is it even possible to make them bigger and move them up and down? If so, how? Because I can't find anything in any of the .rpy's about it. or if I do find something that COULD change it, it doesn't work.

EDIT:
So by messing around I managed to change the size, now it's just the issue of the y-axis

plaster
Regular
Tumblr: plasterbrain
Soundcloud: plasterbrain

Re: Changing the y-axis and size of the Menu buttons?

#2 Post by plaster »

Everything you do with x you should also be able to do with y (ypos, yanchor, yoffset, etc)