[Half-solved/Obviated] Combining nvl clear and window hide?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
auger
Projects: Unnamed CYA Project

[Half-solved/Obviated] Combining nvl clear and window hide?

#1 Post by auger »

EDIT: Not long after I wrote this, Ren'Py finished updating. The new autoshow/hide delay is pretty much perfect for everything I'm trying to do. As such, I'm not tempted to mess around with this much longer, but I'll probably try to throw something together just so that anyone unable to update/choosing to use an earlier version might have an answer. Do feel free to comment if you know something I don't, but my problem - for me - is solved.

As I wade through my VN, I figure I've got near-countless instances of nvl clear, and only now noticed how much nicer window_hide with a good transition makes it.

But I'm not trying to make an especially fancy VN, and I'd like to save lines and keystrokes where possible.
Can I define something that combines:

Code: Select all

nvl clear 
window hide
so that I can just find and replace what I've got?

Thanks in advance. Naturally, if I figure it out before someone else has an idea, I'll post it here.
Peace, good developing.

Edit, I feel like using an ATL transition might work, but I'm having a hard time figuring out if that'll handle nvl commands.
Might be something to mull over.
Life is short; be kind.