2 CTC's and their animation

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
rEijuhaanA

2 CTC's and their animation

#1 Post by rEijuhaanA »

First of all, I use 6.99.8 because i faced with more problems on the newer versions. Using this one instead helped me a little bit and solved some of my problems. It's also great with tips I found on here (forum), wiki, cookbook and some other tutorials from the internet.

But there's something I just can't do or find. If it's on the wiki or I missed it somewhere else, I'm sorry.
So
Recently, I found this game: https://games.renpy.org/game/fhig
And I decided to recreate its style. I found and changed the font, switched the game to NVL-mode but i don't know what to do with "click to continue" images. There're 2 of them
1) Arrow, that appears next to every line
2) "Note", that should appear in the end right before "nvl clear"

Here's the code i used:

Code: Select all

# Declare characters
define s = Character(None, kind=nvl, what_prefix="\"", what_suffix="\"",
                     what_color="#c8ffc8", ctc="ctc_animation", ctc_position="nestled")
define m = Character(None, kind=nvl, what_prefix="\"", what_suffix="\"",
                     what_color="#ffc8c8", ctc="ctc_animation", ctc_position="nestled")
define narrator = Character(None, kind=nvl, ctc="ctc_animation", ctc_position="nestled")
image ctc_animation = ("cursor0.bmp")
image ctc_animation = ("cursor1.bmp")
I don't know how to define them correctly.

There's also problem with animation itself. These files aren't gifs. I attached .zip file containing all images so you can take a look on them. I want to know if Ren'Py can use an animation from these files (cursors, smooch_ai, lr2_spark). For now i only have all 3 of them with pink background.
The animation should look like this: https://youtu.be/hvr1bP7xvQI (first 20 seconds).
Attachments
images.zip
(2.42 MiB) Downloaded 17 times

rEijuhaanA

Re: 2 CTC's and their animation

#2 Post by rEijuhaanA »

Allright, i found out it's possible to start this animation
here's how my code look like now

Code: Select all

define s = Character(None, kind=nvl, what_prefix="\"", what_suffix="\"",
                     what_color="#c8ffc8", ctc=anim.Filmstrip("cursor0.bmp", (24, 24), (3, 1), .2, loop=True), ctc_position="nestled")
define m = Character(None, kind=nvl, what_prefix="\"", what_suffix="\"",
                     what_color="#ffc8c8", ctc=anim.Filmstrip("cursor0.bmp", (24, 24), (3, 1), .2, loop=True), ctc_position="nestled")
define narrator = Character(None, kind=nvl, ctc=anim.Filmstrip("cursor0.bmp", (24, 24), (3, 1), .2, loop=True), ctc_position="nestled")
image ctc_animation = ("cursor0.bmp")
image ctc_animation = ("cursor1.bmp")
Tho i still have that pink background
https://i.imgur.com/sDpNuOD.jpg
Trying to figure out how to use 2 of them now...