Error message whenever I open Ren'Py software

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
malakme

Error message whenever I open Ren'Py software

#1 Post by malakme »

Hi everyone! I've only been using Ren'Py for a few days, but I've had an issue with the software not opening. Every time I close it and open it later, I get messages that read:

renpy.exe - System Error
The code execution cannot proceed because SDL2.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

and

renpy.exe - System Error
The code execution cannot proceed because python27.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I've reinstalled the program a few times because of this, which does allow me to reopen it, but it only until I close the software once. If I try to reopen it again, I get the same error messages. I'm not messing around in the Ren'Py download files, so I don't understand why the "SDL2.dll" and "python27.dll" files seem to be missing. I haven't deleted them.

I have been installing/reinstalling Ren'py with the SDK 7x.exe - 73 MiB on this page ( https://www.renpy.org/latest.html ) and I use a Asus Zenbook that runs on a Windows operating system, if that information helps.

Thanks in advance!