This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
- Posts: 240
- Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:59 pm
- Completed: Through the Screen, Riddle Me This, Trust Fall, Phobias, Another Adventure
- Projects: The Souls in the Seams, Fata Morgana, Minecraft: Story Mode - Behind the Scenes
- Organization: Astral Autumn Games
- Tumblr: astralautumngames
- Deviantart: ArizaLuca
- itch: astralautumngames
What I am trying to do is package the Ren'Py game so that when you open it up on Windows, it doesn't show up within a folder in which you can access the files that are within the game. While I get that this can make for fun gameplay, in this case it just opens everything up and I want it to just show up as a single icon that you can click on and open the game, with the icon.
Speaking of the icon, I packaged the builds with the icon files included (.icns and .ico files) and instead of producing a file where the build showed up as not the Ren'Py mascot, it just... produced the same Ren'Py mascot as always?
When you open the app it displays the correct icon, but not there.
How do you
a) Package the build so that you can only click on an icon, rather than seeing this
b) Make the icon in the window not the Ren'Py mascot? I placed it in the base directory (as instructed by other forums) and it just produced the mascot when packaged, as shown in the first picture.
- Lemma-Class Veteran
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:50 pm
- Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
- Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
- Organization: Fastermind Games
- Deviantart: sundownkid
- Location: NYC
I have no idea what's up with the icon. I know there is an icon replacer for .exe files out there that could work.
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1438
- Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:45 pm
- Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
- Projects: Fear&Love, unknown
- Organization: Pilgrim Creations
- Github: xavi-mat
- itch: xavimat
- Location: Italy
Renpy does not create installers, you can use "Inno Setup" to create them, it's free: http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]