Encypter?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Muffle

Encypter?

#1 Post by Muffle »

I think it's called an encrypter. Or maybe a decrypter. Anyways the story is, I need to update my visual novel. I'm going back to fix all the grammar issues and add CG art, however I lost the file in a house fire in november. Now I can't get into the game code, was wondering if there was a decrypter or encrypter or whatever it's called to give me access to my game again.

uyjulian
Regular
Github: uyjulian

Re: Encypter?

#2 Post by uyjulian »

Look for unrpyc and/or rpatool.

Muffle

#3 Post by Muffle »

I'm not exactly sure how to use it, I'm sorry for the bother but could someone explain it to me? I've looked around for explanations but none of them make sense. I watched a video but the archive file didn't appear like it said it should be there and I have no clue what the forum talking about it means, those are the only two things I could find. If you need proof I made the game in case you're worried this is my gamepage, under my name. https://rpgmaker.net/games/10258/

uyjulian
Regular
Github: uyjulian

#4 Post by uyjulian »

1. If you are on Windows, install Ubuntu from the WSL store
2. Open up a bash command prompt
3. run sudo apt-get install python
4. run python /path/to/rpatool -o /path/to/output/directory -x /path/to/archive.rpa
5. run python /path/to/unrpyc.py /path/to/file1.rpyc /path/to/file2.rpyc etc...

drKlauz
Veteran

#5 Post by drKlauz »

If you are on Windows, install Ubuntu
Haha, good one :lol:
I may be available for hire, check my thread: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=51350

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#6 Post by Donmai »

Your link points to a Ren'Py game called "Under The Bed", by Muffle. Is that the game you're talking about? Well, I downloaded it and I found out all the game scripts are unarchived...

Code: Select all

init:
    $ alfred_affection_point = 0
    $ boris_affection_point = 0

# The game starts here.
label start:

scene bg black

mu "Hi! This is a quick note from the author before you play the
    game."
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)