Need help remaking the start Main Menu

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Titanis

Need help remaking the start Main Menu

#1 Post by Titanis »

Is there a way to get rid of all the buttons in the main menu? Or a way that I can replace them with images?

I want to get rid of all of it so I can just put a bunch of imagebuttons in their place.

I am working with the latest version on Windows and all the tutorials I am finding are outdated x.x

Is this more complicated than it needs to be for me? I am open to any suggestions!

Per K Grok
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: the Ghost Pilot, Sea of Lost Ships, Bubbles and the Pterodactyls, Defenders of Adacan Part 1-3, the Phantom Flyer
itch: per-k-grok

Re: Need help remaking the start Main Menu

#2 Post by Per K Grok »

Titanis wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:37 am Is there a way to get rid of all the buttons in the main menu? Or a way that I can replace them with images?

I want to get rid of all of it so I can just put a bunch of imagebuttons in their place.

I am working with the latest version on Windows and all the tutorials I am finding are outdated x.x

Is this more complicated than it needs to be for me? I am open to any suggestions!
If you open 'screens.rpy' and look for 'screen navigation():'
you will find the buttons used at Main Page and Game pages, they are textbuttons.
You can replace them with imagebuttons.