[SOLVED] Changing layer of choice menu

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
throwawayguy
Projects: Possible VN?

[SOLVED] Changing layer of choice menu

#1 Post by throwawayguy »

Tried looking around the forums for any previous threads but the search results keep on bugging out so hopefully I can get an answer to this!

I'm trying to layer my side image over a choice menu I've made, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Like I said before, I can't find anything on the forums about changing the "layer" of the choice menu and I don't think the documentation has anything on this, either.. unless I didn't look hard enough?
Last edited by throwawayguy on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Changing layer of choice menu

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

No need to change the layer, just change the zorder.
The choice menu is a screen found in screens.rpy
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

Remix
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: None... yet (as I'm still looking for an artist)
Projects: An un-named anime based trainer game

#3 Post by Remix »

What Imperf3kt means is probably:

Side images are shown as part of the say screen (not on the 'master' layer like other sprites), so you'd just want to move the zorder of the say screen to be above the choice screen (as both those screens are on the 'screens' layer)
Frameworks & Scriptlets:

throwawayguy
Projects: Possible VN?

#4 Post by throwawayguy »

Imperf3kt wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:54 am No need to change the layer, just change the zorder.
The choice menu is a screen found in screens.rpy
Remix wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:54 am What Imperf3kt means is probably:

Side images are shown as part of the say screen (not on the 'master' layer like other sprites), so you'd just want to move the zorder of the say screen to be above the choice screen (as both those screens are on the 'screens' layer)
Dang, I even tried that as well before asking, I just put it in the wrong sections! Thanks for the help, it worked out wonderfully!