Hiding text box in main menu

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
notanumber

Hiding text box in main menu

#1 Post by notanumber »

Hello! I am trying to customize the title screen for my game, but after tinkering with every element in screen main_menu() on the screens.rpy file, turning everything on or off to see what works, I can't get the text box at the bottom of the screen to go away. Is there a way to disable it?

Per K Grok
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: the Ghost Pilot, Sea of Lost Ships, Bubbles and the Pterodactyls, Defenders of Adacan Part 1-3, the Phantom Flyer
itch: per-k-grok

Re: Hiding text box in main menu

#2 Post by Per K Grok »

notanumber wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:11 pm Hello! I am trying to customize the title screen for my game, but after tinkering with every element in screen main_menu() on the screens.rpy file, turning everything on or off to see what works, I can't get the text box at the bottom of the screen to go away. Is there a way to disable it?
Are you talking about the title? If so,
go to options.rpy, under 'Basics', find

define gui.show_name = True

and set it to False

notanumber

Re: Hiding text box in main menu

#3 Post by notanumber »

Thank you!