Problem w/ Forced Autosave

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
AFriendCalled5

Problem w/ Forced Autosave

#1 Post by AFriendCalled5 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:03 am

Hello,

So I'd like to disable manual saving and have my game autosave at specific intervals -- i.e. at the start of every in-game "day". I've successfully removed the Save button from the Main/Game Menus, but for some reason my autosave isn't working. The code I'm using goes like this:

Code: Select all

$ renpy.take_screenshot(scale=None, background=False)
$ save_name = "\nDay 1"
$ renpy.save(save_name)
But when I check that the file has saved in the load menu, there's nothing there -- either under Autosaves or in the separate file pages (1,2,3 etc.). The weird thing is that, when I check the saves directory, it seems like the save file is created, but the game can't "see" it. Any idea what's happening here? Help much appreciated.

Edit: Should also point out I've tried setting define config.has_autosave to True and False and, aside from removing the Autosave page from the load menu, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks!