RPY file changes not showing in the game

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Mord87
Regular

RPY file changes not showing in the game

#1 Post by Mord87 »

Hello!

I have a wardrobe.rpy. I am using this for wardrobe and I have a screen wardrobe. All of your clothes showing as imagebuttons and some pictures show what you are wearing at the moment. It is working perfectly. I added new clothes the same way as the old clothes. When I play the game, the new clothes are not showing, but the old ones are working fine. I tried to add text and other pictures to test it, but nothing is showing. It feels like I didn`t save the changes, but I did. I restarted everything. It is showing in the rpy file but not showing in the game.
So I made changes in the screen but in the game nothing changed. I started a new game as well but nothing and everything else before the change are working perfectly.
Any solution for this?

IrinaLazareva
Veteran
Projects: Legacy
Organization: SunShI

Re: RPY file changes not showing in the game

#2 Post by IrinaLazareva »

if I understand correctly....

When you make changes to a xxx.rpy file in the game itself (not in the launcher) you should first delete the file with the same name, but with .rpyc extension, before starting the game. It will be recreated automatically.

Mord87
Regular

#3 Post by Mord87 »

Yes it is working now. I didn`t deleted the rpyc extension. Thank You very much for your help

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#4 Post by Donmai »

You can also try clicking the "Force Recompile" button in the "Actions" section of the Ren'Py Launcher screen after making changes to your script.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Mord87
Regular

#5 Post by Mord87 »

I will try that. Thank You