Contiueouse menu.

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Hahastupidmonkey

Contiueouse menu.

#1 Post by Hahastupidmonkey »

I was wondering how to set up a sript were the firs choice branches to a choice and the secound choice branches to a completly different choice. for exampe

s"did yo really mean what you said

Choices are
yes
don't want to talk about it
i dunno.

if you pick choice one then a menu pops up.choice 2 will give you another menu. so each choice will give u a different menu from the orignal menu. i hope i explained that clear enough.

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

Re: Contiueouse menu.

#2 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

you can have nested menus. you just need to make sure the indentation is correct. you can also just put jumps after each choice that lead to their own menus.

here's an example:

Code: Select all

menu:
    "Did you really mean what you said?"

"Yes":
        menu
            "Honestly?"

"No, not really.":
               jump slap_in_the_face
            "Yes."
               jump lotsa_blushing
    "No":
        menu
            "Then why'd you say it?"

"To piss you off.":
                jump slap_in_the_face
            "I'm not sure.":
                jump embarassment

Hahastupidmonkey

#3 Post by Hahastupidmonkey »

Thank you.just one more thing do i end it on the first menu lable or the second neu label

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#4 Post by JQuartz »

Hahastupidmonkey wrote:do i end it on the first menu lable or the second neu label
According to KimiYoriBaka's example, the menu ends on the second menu because it jumps to some other label thus exiting the menu.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

Hahastupidmonkey

#5 Post by Hahastupidmonkey »

Thanks i figured it out already.And yea thats ecxactly how it works took me a good 2 hours to figure that out i'm completly new to this.