Cannot build distributions, errors detected but no actual errors in game or lint

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
fullmontis
Regular
Deviantart: fullmontis
itch: fullmontis

Cannot build distributions, errors detected but no actual errors in game or lint

#1 Post by fullmontis »

Using 7.3.2.320

I get the following screen when trying to build distributions for my game:
screenshot0024.png
However, the game launches just fine from the launcher, I've played through the game a few times, checking anything that could go wrong, but there aren't any kind of errors or problems coming up. I also tried lint, but there is no error being pointed out.

What's weird is that I've built distributions of it just a week ago for work with a translator and it didn't have problems. I haven't done any major changes to the code, so I have no idea where this could be coming from.

What could be the problem? Help please :oops:

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Re: Cannot build distributions, errors detected but no actual errors in game or lint

#2 Post by isobellesophia »

Maybe RenPy is bugging or something? How about you try download the previous version like 7.3.1. And see if the error is gone.
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

Remix
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: None... yet (as I'm still looking for an artist)
Projects: An un-named anime based trainer game

Re: Cannot build distributions, errors detected but no actual errors in game or lint

#3 Post by Remix »

You could try:

Delete Persistent in Launcher
Delete all .rpyc files from folders in your game (just the .rpyc ones, not .rpy) Maybe make a backup of your project first.
Force Recompile in Launcher (to rebuild the .rpyc files from the .rpy ones)

You might also do well to check the .txt files in the project folder (one up from ./game) just to see if any issue was reported there.
Frameworks & Scriptlets:

fullmontis
Regular
Deviantart: fullmontis
itch: fullmontis

#4 Post by fullmontis »

After deleting and recompiling the .rpyc files it seems to work now :D Thank you for the help!

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#5 Post by Imperf3kt »

Remix wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:11 am You could try:

Delete Persistent in Launcher
I generally see this issue when deleting persistent.

Luckily, I've always known what caused it and can fix it in seconds, and I know how to replicate it so it happens guaranteed, but I always forget once I fix it ;/
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter