Updated computer and the Display Got Weird... [SOLVED]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
ArizaLuca
Veteran
Completed: Through the Screen, Riddle Me This, Trust Fall, Phobias, Another Adventure
Projects: The Souls in the Seams, Fata Morgana, Minecraft: Story Mode - Behind the Scenes
Organization: Astral Autumn Games
Tumblr: astralautumngames
Deviantart: ArizaLuca
itch: astralautumngames

Updated computer and the Display Got Weird... [SOLVED]

#1 Post by ArizaLuca »

Before I updated my Mac, the games were running fine when I was testing them. Now they lag. I don't know why; I'm on version 10.14.6 on my Mac. Does anyone have... any idea what's going on? I've been doing my best to fix the renderer, but nothing. I also updated the actual Ren'Py version as well. I genuinely can't test the games anymore because I can't tell if the animations are working as intended.
Last edited by ArizaLuca on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

namastaii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Template Maker for Ren'Py, What Life
Github: lunalucid
Soundcloud: LunaLucidMusic
itch: lunalucid

Re: Updated computer and the Display Got Weird...

#2 Post by namastaii »

That is strange. I'm not a mac user but can you go back to the previous os version? I literally had a PC update last night as well and sometimes there are glitches that they fix over time with new updates. If it's annoying enough, I can go back before the update

ArizaLuca
Veteran
Completed: Through the Screen, Riddle Me This, Trust Fall, Phobias, Another Adventure
Projects: The Souls in the Seams, Fata Morgana, Minecraft: Story Mode - Behind the Scenes

#3 Post by ArizaLuca »

I don't think that I can; easily at least. I'll keep looking.

Edit: I'd evidently have to back up every file on my laptop and then completely erase and redo it, and I'd prefer not to do that. This evidently is only for the games that are in current development; another Ren'Py game I'm running is running fine.

namastaii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Template Maker for Ren'Py, What Life
Github: lunalucid
Soundcloud: LunaLucidMusic
itch: lunalucid

#4 Post by namastaii »

...that is weird. can you just copy the files and put it into a new folder and open that in renpy again?

ArizaLuca
Veteran

#5 Post by ArizaLuca »

Ah, okay-- the issue resolved itself. I don't know what was going on. I did restart my computer again, but I don't know if that's what fixed it because it was still laggy before I restarted.