VN Ideas?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
lilurz
Regular
Completed: None, yet.
Projects: The Hawkins Files

VN Ideas?

#1 Post by lilurz »

I'm looking for VN ideas, do you all have any?

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Re: VN Ideas?

#2 Post by isobellesophia »

Its up to you, for what kind of VN would you like, Kinetic novel is only for readers that choices is not present, makes the game easier. While Visual novel is a great and most common that can be used in many ways.

The genre, the plot, the characters, and etc.. Its up to you what kind of story that suits for you.

People commonly created them by helping other members, this website for example. Or created them by their own, basically having an idea in their mind.

Oops, thats all i can say, though. :)
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

lilurz
Regular

#3 Post by lilurz »

I'm looking to write a Drama/Detective VN. Where the player is a Detective and needs to find out who did whatever.

lilurz
Regular

#4 Post by lilurz »

isobellesophia wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:31 am Its up to you, for what kind of VN would you like, Kinetic novel is only for readers that choices is not present, makes the game easier. While Visual novel is a great and most common that can be used in many ways.

The genre, the plot, the characters, and etc.. Its up to you what kind of story that suits for you.

People commonly created them by helping other members, this website for example. Or created them by their own, basically having an idea in their mind.

But I don't know what to name it. Something like "(blank) Files" Like a town name or something.

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

#5 Post by isobellesophia »

lilurz wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:21 pm
isobellesophia wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:31 am Its up to you, for what kind of VN would you like, Kinetic novel is only for readers that choices is not present, makes the game easier. While Visual novel is a great and most common that can be used in many ways.

But I don't know what to name it. Something like "(blank) Files" Like a town name or something.

Well, you can take a look at Google, it has many types of it for how you would make it, i personally recommend to you making the name unique, you can find a way or think. Since i had no ideas what would your novel be like.
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#6 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2257

There are 103 pages worth of ideas already available. Feel free to scroll through it.
ImageImageImageImage

lilurz
Regular

#7 Post by lilurz »

isobellesophia wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:22 am
lilurz wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:21 pm

Well, you can take a look at Google, it has many types of it for how you would make it, i personally recommend to you making the name unique, you can find a way or think. Since i had no ideas what would your novel be like.
I like the name The Hawkins Files, but that would sound too much like Stranger Things.