I have two question about flag and text box

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
yuuri88

I have two question about flag and text box

#1 Post by yuuri88 »

1. I want to set two choice and both are bad end. The real end will be found after two choice have been chosen. But this is the question,when the game goes bad end. I need to return to title and autosave. but the flag can't be saved after it returns to title. How can I solve it?

2.I want to let different charactors own their text box How can I change text box?

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

Re: I have two question about flag and text box

#2 Post by parttimestorier »

For the first question, what you want is a persistent variable. The game will store that data even when you quit or load a different save.

For the second one, this tutorial looks pretty good and has a section on character-specific textboxes: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9233
ImageImageImage

yuuri88

#3 Post by yuuri88 »

thank you so much I have been stuck these problems few weeks and don't know how to figure out!

yuuri88

#4 Post by yuuri88 »

And here is the other question. When I try to use persistent save I don't know how to write.

I just wrote this and doesn''t work.

default a = False
default b = False

label start:

$ autosave

if coin1 and coin2:
jump next
else:
menu:
"a":
jump a
"b":