Android build, not detected JDK

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Re: Android build, not detected JDK

#16 Post by isobellesophia »

hell_oh_world wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:53 am
isobellesophia wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:16 am
hell_oh_world wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:31 am

Just for clarifications, sdk 8 does not exist. Its pretty much a general term for the utilities and tools that you need in order to develop things like software, etc. (SDK - Software Development Kit). In the Java world, JDK is the right term (JDK - Java Development Kit 8, *11 and 12 are the newest ones*). But don't bother yet on installing it, 8 would do fine. Also, it will be probably best to screenshot the launcher, so that we can have an overlook of the disabled buttons properly. Be sure that you have downloaded JDK and not just only the Runtime Environment. Downloading the runtime environment only will not help you in distributing your builds on java related platforms.

Just to be sure, heres the link that you need to download. https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java ... 33151.html
Pick x64 if you have 64 bit system, check your system by popping out system information by pressing winkey + pause break. Under system type, you can check the bit of the os. Downloading the x32 is the safest way, it can work in both 32 and 64 bit platforms. the file size should be between 200 mb and 220 mb. All these, i've just assumed your using windows os.
screenshot0001.png

I did for what you said, but it seems nothing changed since i downloaded the JDK 8, and rapt. :(

(i also tried x86, no luck.)
It clearly states that it needs 64 bit jdk, make sure that you've downloaded 64 bit of jdk. If you did what I said to check your os' bit version you're literally in no luck if your platform is in 32 bit. There's no way you can run 64 bit softwares on 32 bit platforms. If your system platform is on 64 bit, you are eligible to develop those android builds. And another thing, be sure to install the jdk on the default path which is your main drive (commonly c), don't try to alter the path or install the jdk on a portable storage. Best practice it to incorporate it to your system, so leave all the settings to default as you install it. And lastly, press winkey + r then type this and enter. Screenshot the folder.

Code: Select all

\Program Files\Java
I just wanna see what are the java components installed in your hdd. This would only work if you did not tamper the default settings while you're installing JDK

Lately, I did downloaded x64, and then reinstall SDK and installed JDK 8 in x64, it was still nothing..
This keeps having me thw same issue with no changes though...

About that path, i am going to screenshot it tomorrow or sooner.
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

rayminator
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Android build, not detected JDK

#17 Post by rayminator »

isobellesophia wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:52 am
rayminator wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 am there is a way just try to make it as Web it is in beta though and try it on your phone to see if it works?
there are other programs out there that will make a apk but i can't suggest any cause i don't know any
screenshot0002.png

which button should i press to build in android?
you would be building web app not android. web app should work on any devices so it would be the first button but i would try what hell_oh_world said first