screen style tutorial?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
dellcartoons
Regular

screen style tutorial?

#1 Post by dellcartoons »

Can anyone recommend a basic tutorial for screens?

I want to change the background color and text color, maybe add a small image

I know it has to do w/ style, but I can't seem to wrap my head around how style works or where to place it in the code

I read the documentation, but I just can't seem to grasp it

Thank you

rayminator
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: screen style tutorial?

#2 Post by rayminator »

there are some stuff in the cook book

take a look here it might help you
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=34131

most of the styles code are in guy.rpy figure out what you want to change and play around with it to place image you need to put it in the screen where you want to put the image in

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Re: screen style tutorial?

#3 Post by isobellesophia »

Take a look at GUI customization in documentation, as it is showing the example styles of the buttons, especially the default styles replacing it with you own style, that is where i also learned about it, gui.rpy can make changes, and screens.rpy.

I dont think that is what you were talking about, since there are many of them to learn and code.
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.