Music looping

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Music looping

#1 Post by isobellesophia »

Hello

I wanted to play my music in loop, but i cant seem find it anywhere, even i read the documentation.

Any examples would help. Thanks.
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

nerupuff
Veteran

Re: Music looping

#2 Post by nerupuff »

You just have to use the "loop" tag on your code to make it work. To stop looping, use "noloop"

You can check the items under the Play Statement here in documentation. https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/audio.html

But as far as I know, the music channel automatically loops back to the start of the song as long as you haven't added a new song to play, so the loop functions works better for SFX. If you want your track to loop seamlessly, it would be a matter of music composition on editing software instead.

For a more complex workup, you can check this thread if you want to customize your loops more: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=34441. I haven't personally tested it out but it might be worth a shot.
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Re: Music looping

#3 Post by isobellesophia »

Ah, thanks neru! It did work. :)
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.