Custom Letter Positioning In Nameboxes?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
krswwrkk

Custom Letter Positioning In Nameboxes?

#1 Post by krswwrkk »

Hi, I am trying to build a Danganronpa V3-like GUI for my game, however I am wondering if there is a way for every letter in a word to be positioning in different directions and if it is possible for one letter to be a different color, like during normal Danganronpa V3 names during conversations that are not class trials. I am trying to apply this style of names to the characters in my game. Also, I am trying to avoid having to make a picture of the names to turn it into a say screen, because whenever a transition with the character image associated with the character happens, the say screen will disappear until the transition is over.

namastaii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Template Maker for Ren'Py, What Life
Github: lunalucid
Soundcloud: LunaLucidMusic
itch: lunalucid

Re: Custom Letter Positioning In Nameboxes?

#2 Post by namastaii »

Well you could easily make these images of the letters and I think the issue with the textbox/say screen disappearing with transitions can be solved with this https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/transiti ... ransitions
Other than that, you would probably have to have each letter separate. "B" "o" "b" while also styling each one differently and having different xpos and ypos coordinates

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#3 Post by Imperf3kt »

Personally, I would make the name an image and include it as part of the side image. Less work.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

namastaii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Template Maker for Ren'Py, What Life
Github: lunalucid
Soundcloud: LunaLucidMusic
itch: lunalucid

#4 Post by namastaii »

I like the side image idea.