[Solved] Quick Menu

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Abby_tefy
Projects: Campamento de Amor

Re: Quick Menu

#16 Post by Abby_tefy »

Imperf3kt wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:42 am

Code: Select all

screen quick_menu():

## Asegura que esto aparezca en la parte superior de otras pantallas.
    zorder 100

if renpy.get_screen("say"):
        hbox:
            style_group "quick"

imagebutton auto "gui/button/quick_historial_%s.png" xpos 25 ypos 430 focus_mask  True action ShowMenu('history')
            imagebutton auto "gui/button/quick_saltar_%s.png"    xpos -110 ypos 0 focus_mask  True action Skip() alternate Skip(fast=True, confirm=True)
            imagebutton auto "gui/button/quick_guardar_%s.png"   xpos -124 ypos 430 focus_mask  True action ShowMenu('save')
            imagebutton auto "gui/button/quick_config_%s.png"    xpos -124 ypos 430 focus_mask  True action ShowMenu('preferences') 

Using this, if renpy.get_screen detects the say window (the screen responsible for displaying dialogue) is showing, the content in the quick menu is used.
If it detects the say window is hidden, such as when you bring up the confirm screen, it instead uses nothing and the quick menu is empty.
thank you!! It was solved!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o5H1rl ... p=drivesdk

the only thing that bothers now is the black strip below ... Look in the gui for the image of the strip but it doesn't come out ... How can I remove it?

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#17 Post by Imperf3kt »

That black strip looks like the textbox which is part of the say screen.
It shouldn't be showing if you've hidden the window, which should happen when the confirm screen shows.

I have an idea of a work around but am not at a computer to type it out for you, I'll try to write something up later.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

Abby_tefy

#18 Post by Abby_tefy »

Thank you very much :) I will be waiting for your help

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#19 Post by Imperf3kt »

Abby_tefy wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:47 am Thank you very much :) I will be waiting for your help
Thanks for being patient.
I'd like to test my idea before passing it on (and confirm that the issue happens for me as well) as I've made mistakes in the past that have wasted people's time.

Unfortunately, I am currently sick with a rather nasty cold (I almost never get sick), so It may be a couple of days before I can get around to it. Unless somebody else has a round tuit they can donate :wink:
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

Abby_tefy

#20 Post by Abby_tefy »

Imperf3kt wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:57 pm
Abby_tefy wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:47 am Thank you very much :) I will be waiting for your help
Thanks for being patient.
I'd like to test my idea before passing it on (and confirm that the issue happens for me as well) as I've made mistakes in the past that have wasted people's time.

Unfortunately, I am currently sick with a rather nasty cold (I almost never get sick), so It may be a couple of days before I can get around to it. Unless somebody else has a round tuit they can donate :wink:
Oh ... I hope you recover soon <3
I have no problem waiting because I am busy with the university and I have not even had time to renpy, I really appreciate your help :3