This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
- Per K Grok
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 739
- Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 1:02 am
- Completed: the Ghost Pilot, Sea of Lost Ships, Bubbles and the Pterodactyls, Defenders of Adacan Part 1 & 2
- itch: per-k-grok
- Location: Sverige
Why do you not want to use a screen?
If you describe what it is you want to achieve it will be easier to help you. I expect that using an imagebutton without using a screen is what you see as the solution to a problem. If so, what is the problem you want to solve?
I suspect the best way to solve the problem might be to use a screen.
- Posts: 461
- Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:21 am
- Projects: The Button Man
- Organization: NILA
- Github: hell-oh-world
- Location: Philippines
You can through the use of UI functions which are in the docs. But as what the above suggestions said, you should use screens for things like screen elements, try not to compromise if you can. So its better I guess to have your problem solved through screens rather than going onto this fallback option.
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 979
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:55 am
- Completed: None
- Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
- Organization: Friendly Teachers series
- Deviantart: SophBelle
- itch: Child Creation
- Location: Philippines, Mindanao
Actually, hotspots are different than imagebuttons, so imagebuttons aren't that hard until you really know about them or how to use it.
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1476
- Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 6:10 am
- Completed: None... yet (as I'm still looking for an artist)
- Projects: An un-named anime based trainer game
Code: Select all
show expression ImageButton('images/eileen.png', clicked=Notify('ding'), xpos=200)
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:02 pm
- Deviantart: bloobeary
- Soundcloud: user-212448702
I needed to use show instead of call. So, the problem wasn't the screen, it was the way it was being displayed.
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]