I'm a total newbie with Ren'py (not to programming) and there's an specific type of game that a want to create: "explorables"?
What I want to adchieve in this first test project is to explore a room in three different ways:
1) Go to a different room after clicking a door
2) Get an item after clicking somewhere in the screen
3) Get some sort of "character thoughts" about the enviroments after clicking an space in the image... (it can be an frame, a toy, a shirt, etc)
Now, I'm currently fighting with the very first point: goind somewhere else.
These are my current files:
Code: Select all
# INTRODUCTION # IMAGES image bglqt1s1 = im.Scale("images/bg/bg_room.jpg", config.screen_width, config.screen_height) # LABELS label intro: scene bglqt1s1 call screen intro_room_screen
Code: Select all
screen intro_room_screen(): imagemap: ground "images/ib/room/ib_room_left_door_idle.png" hover "images/ib/room/ib_room_left_door_hover.png" hotspot (0, 0, 157, 468) action Jump("left_room")
And my approach is to call the intro_room_screen and put the clickable door (idle and hover):
...on this screen by using an imagemap.
Well, this works... I can click on the door and jump to another label withouth any trouble but... I have some doubts about my methods:
- It's really hard to get the right position for the door's png.
- I can only put a single thing at the time (i don't know if this is true because, once again, i am a total newbie) and it's an overkill because i want four doors on this scene.
So, is there an easier way to do this?
Can i create a whole png with the size of my BG with all the clickable elements and handle them apart?
Is there any tutorial or code example to do this?
Is Ash actually a champion or is it a lier?
Thanks in advance for your help!