Side image dissolving in problem

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
nagoya29

Side image dissolving in problem

#1 Post by nagoya29 »

Hello, I've been trying to make my side image dissolve in for the past hour, I've managed to do it, but it dissolves in at a different size and position, then it cuts to the right size and position after it finished dissolving in.
The script i added is this:

Code: Select all

transform change_transform(old, new):
    contains:
        old
        alpha 1.0
        linear 0.3 alpha 0.0
    contains:
        new
        alpha 0.0
        linear 0.3 alpha 1.0

define config.side_image_change_transform = change_transform
I feel like it's probably because I adjusted the size and position in the screens.rpy:

## If there's a side image, display it above the text. Do not display on the
    ## phone variant - there's no room.
    if not renpy.variant("small"):
        add SideImage() xanchor 0.08 yanchor -0.74 size(640, 640)
But I would like to keep this size and position, so without changing the size n position, how do I make the dissolving in work properly? Any help and advice is greatly appreaciated, thank u:D

rayminator
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Side image dissolving in problem

#2 Post by rayminator »

it would be something like this

transform same_transform(old, new):
    old
    new with Dissolve(0.2, alpha=True)

define config.side_image_same_transform = same_transform
https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/side_ima ... ransitions

nagoya29

Re: Side image dissolving in problem

#3 Post by nagoya29 »

Ah, I added that in for dissolving between expressions, but it doesnt work for dissolving in the side image? Im really sorry if im phrasing things a little wierd or wrongly but thanks for the help:) I'm not sure if its called fading in or dissolving in but basically its the entry of the side image that i'd like to have a transition for.