[SOLVED]Music Continue

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Re: Music Continue

#16 Post by isobellesophia »

5 or 4 seconds should do, 12 is alot. :)
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#17 Post by Donmai »

Imperf3kt wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:07 am 12 seconds is an extremely long time for a pause 🤨
It's the kind of time you suggest when you are telling someone that loooong pauses will make the player believe the game crashed... :lol:

Speaking seriously, hard pauses should be avoided but, if we really need to use them, they should not be too long. They should only allow the user to see the content during a few seconds. If he/she finds it interesting, then he/she will keep reading it for the time he/she wants.
Last edited by Donmai on Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

#18 Post by isobellesophia »

What if they click on the menu? Looks like a trick for them right?

They are look like "Oh damn, the menu and the screens were working but the dialogue is not continuing!"

Just a thought if she/he is trying to make a long pause.
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

senisanti
Regular
Projects: Allball, Smash scrap metal, Santi...

#19 Post by senisanti »

Thank you, Donmai, thank you very much.

Yeah, I'll just take six or eight seconds on the time.
It's true as you both Imperf3kt and donmai say, 12 seconds is too long.

and then I absolutely wanted to put the music on for just the players don't think about a bug.

my game is made of *early* players test every month, so if they really don't like this block I'll remove it.

It's very nice to have answered, unfortunately my code doesn't work anymore, I opened another topic because I tried to do some manipulation alone with information I found in the renpy doc that I didn't understand and I had an error and an ast.py file that was opened and now nothing works in my code.

senisanti
Regular

#20 Post by senisanti »

isobellesophia wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:38 am What if they click on the menu? Looks like a trick for them right?

They are look like "Oh damn, the menu and the screens were working but the dialogue is not continuing!"

Just a thought if she/he is trying to make a long pause.
The code I put before the star label, it seems like an advertisement that we see at the launch of the games, unreal advertisement, unity, dev logo...
I don't think it will bother the players much and I'm sure they'll read the rules.

senisanti
Regular

#21 Post by senisanti »

Very good news, the *hardpause* to solve the problem I had when I broke everything.

Thank you very much to everyone who helped me here.