problem with label under a screen...

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
deltadidirac
Regular
Projects: Artworks and Comics
Tumblr: deltadidirac
Deviantart: Deltadidirac67

problem with label under a screen...

#1 Post by deltadidirac »

I'm in a general random location of the game.

starting from my custom "user interface", with the buttons I open the screen "gallery", always part of my UI.
here I find the slots of the gallery, some slots call a new screen that create the repetition of the scene or shown an image (here I have no problem); but if the the slot JUMP to a new label that i wrote on purpose.... this label start to run under the random location screen....

I can't understand the problem.... even if I tried several solutions (hide screen, zorder different, and so on....) and so I don't know now where look to solve all this.
I'm not report all the scripts here because are too long... but I ask you if there is a possibility to add a "complete label" in-to a "screen"

something like that:

screen my_screen:
label my_label:
scene x
"......"
"....."

It's an example really silly, but almost with a screen I can know how to manage it showing and hiding it, or is there a simple way to build a screen as a dialogue label?

really depressed...

Exiscoming
Regular

Re: problem with label under a screen...

#2 Post by Exiscoming »

Hey delta,
A screen is just an overlay to the game, whilst a label is a section where you can put your code. So a screen should be inside a label instead of the other way around.

Code: Select all

#First you create the screen somewhere.
screen my_screen:
	add "picture.png"

#And then you can later add it to your label.
label my_label:
	"Want to see a neat picture?"
	show screen my_screen		# Alternatively you can use "call screen my_screen" if you don't want the scene to continue
	"Pretty cool, huh"?
	hide screen my_screen