[SOLVED- WRONG QUESTION- no need to read it]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
deltadidirac
Regular
Projects: Artworks and Comics
Tumblr: deltadidirac
Deviantart: Deltadidirac67

[SOLVED- WRONG QUESTION- no need to read it]

#1 Post by deltadidirac »

Hi all,

in my project there are many small animations. Generally for complex animations or longer than 10 seconds, you can create a .ogv video, but for all the rest the ATL language works well (especially for simple movements).

However, there are cases where the animation is very short but also very fast, or you have 2-3 animations in sequence; so my question is this:

Is there a possibility of a "pre-load" for these ATL animations, so that the computer, having loaded them first, executes them without blocking or slowing them down too much?

I ask this to avoid creating a video each time, it's faster to write a line of code than to tinker with animation and graphics software.

thanks
bye
Last edited by deltadidirac on Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: "pre-load" an animation, is it possible?

#2 Post by Alex »

This might help people to answer your question if you provide some code - how this animation made and where/how you use it.