How to remove the SAVE menu?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
KnuffelBeestje

How to remove the SAVE menu?

#1 Post by KnuffelBeestje »

When you pause the game, there's a save menu.
But, how do I remove it completely?

Per K Grok
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: the Ghost Pilot, Sea of Lost Ships, Bubbles and the Pterodactyls, Defenders of Adacan Part 1-3, the Phantom Flyer
itch: per-k-grok

Re: How to remove the SAVE menu?

#2 Post by Per K Grok »

KnuffelBeestje wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:09 am When you pause the game, there's a save menu.
But, how do I remove it completely?

There is, to the best of my knowledge not a specific Pause Mode in Ren'py (but I'm slightly behind in updating version, so if it is something recently added I would not know). But I don't see that there would really be a need for a special Pause Mode generally in a Ren'py game. You can always go to a game menu (such as Save Menu) which have the same effect as a Pause Mode. And generally you will have plenty of points where the game does not continue without some input from the player.

My best guess here is that you are talking about pressing right muse button, which will show the Save Menu. You can disable that function with

$ config.keymap['game_menu'].remove('mouseup_3')

but that will not give you a pause mode function.

If you want to remove the save menu completely you would need to disable all ways to open that screen.

Tayruu
Regular

Re: How to remove the SAVE menu?

#3 Post by Tayruu »

If you want to remove the save slot elements from the "base" pause menu, that'll require working with screen language to make a new pause screen.
The same technically also for removing save/load from the menu options, but I'm assuming you want to move the save/load into their own screen, right?