Main menu, movie into still image HELP

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
GlazeWasTaken

Re: Main menu, movie into still image HELP

#16 Post by GlazeWasTaken »

Alex wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:26 pm That's the actual code that worked well for me (no additional labels required)... It uses video and image from tutorial game.

Code: Select all

image main_menu_movie_bg = Movie(play="oa4_launch.webm", size=(640,320), loop=False, image="images/bg washington.jpg")

screen main_menu():

## This ensures that any other menu screen is replaced.
    tag menu

style_prefix "main_menu"

add gui.main_menu_background

add "main_menu_movie_bg" align(0.5,0.5)
Just tried this, is both still looping and the video size is the same. I also am now using Webm format for the cutscene, and yet nothing has changed. I am using renpy 7.1.1 if that matters, I can try updating if a new update is out.

EDIT: After updating Renpy to 7.3.5, it no longer loops and it goes to the image (though none of the menu screen buttons show up, since I'm so new to code hard to figure that out haha :?), but the video is still squeezed, despite having the size defined as 1920x1080, so not sure what to do now.