Breaking into game archives you OWN?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
VAPMichaelaLaws
Regular
Completed: Check Signature!
Projects: Check Signature!
Organization: Seraphim Entertainment
Tumblr: thebunnyofevil

Breaking into game archives you OWN?

#1 Post by VAPMichaelaLaws »

Okay. This is a rather odd case to bring up but I unfortunately must blame my past (and very ignorant) self for not backing up everything and putting me in this situation.

So I am planning on releasing a Complete Package edition of Seduce Me the Otome/Seduce Me 2: The Demon War. It will include both games, all 12 side episodes of the series, and two otome audio CDs to be played in program.

However, young-and-dumb Michaela decided to just use one Ren'Py project for the side episodes and did not back up any old assets (Art, programming, script, voice over, etc) as each episode was made. All 12 episodes are archived through Ren'Py's engine and released as protected as it can be.

...is it at all possible for the owner of the games to crack into her own archived games to retrieve these assets or am I doomed to start completely over and pray that I have the assets somewhere in the limbo of my emails and messages?
Voice Actress | Singer | Writer | Producer | Director
http://www.michaelaamandalaws.com/
--------
Completed Projects: My Teacher (NaNoReno2013), Pizz'Amore, My Lady, Our School Love (Otome Audio CD), Our Honeymoon (Otome Audio CD), Seduce Me, Maid With Perfection (NaNoReno2015), Blind Love (ILUjam 2015), Love And Romance: A Study Of Intimacy, Seduce Me 2: The Demon War, Remember, Remember
Projects Still In Production: All For You

rayminator
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Breaking into game archives you OWN?

#3 Post by rayminator »

yup there is a program that you can use it's called unren it will help you to get your rpy files and images/video/audio files but it will not help you with to get your assets like daz or blender files back

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Breaking into game archives you OWN?

#4 Post by gas »

UNRPA
UNRPYC
You can find them on github.
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN