Noob trying to understand the coding of summertime saga game

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
twistedrose1011

Noob trying to understand the coding of summertime saga game

#1 Post by twistedrose1011 »

I started learning to code this week and I'm interested in how Summertime Saga is set up. I found this post on how it's set up but, I'm still confused about how tasks and things are unlocked by triggers. I thought when you call an expression that's where the dialogue label is set, it triggers a state change. How is this state change triggering to how the task is complete to get started on the next task? You can't do certain activities until you unlock locations or do tasks for the characters.

Here's the post I found that sorta explains some of it but, the game has the examples of the post but contains a lot more aspects. If you want you can find a script of a it your gonna have to download the game, extract the rpa files then convert the rpyc to rpy files to open them in Renpy.
https://wiki.summertimesaga.com/Summertime_Saga_API

rayminator
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Noob trying to understand the coding of summertime saga game

#2 Post by rayminator »

if you are a newbie then forget it you will never understand it not unless you learn python code above basic python code

it is a advance level of python coding and unrening that code it will cause errors that you can't run the game anymore