[solved] No sound on Renpy iOS apps

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

[solved] No sound on Renpy iOS apps

#1 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Not so sure how many people have given iOS a shot, but I just tried building two of my games with Xcode and publishing them to an iPhone, and both games are lacking audio (there should be both background audio and audio for each line of dialog but nothing can be heard).
The games work as they should on Android. Has anyone had a similar issue? Any ideas on a fix?
Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Update:
This is really stupid, but after trying a whole bunch of things and a lot of searching for solutions online, it turned out to be the mute button. Strangely it usually only mutes the ringtone on my phone (and it wasn't muting other apps) was on and responsible for muting the app audio.
I am not really sure why it was only muting the Renpy apps, I guess different apps are responding differently to that mute toggle.