After video ends, it flashes to a previous scene's picture before going to the next scene.

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
AyoGYURIs

After video ends, it flashes to a previous scene's picture before going to the next scene.

#1 Post by AyoGYURIs »

How do I fix this problem of after a video in the code ends, it flashes to a previous scene's picture for a sec before moving on to the scene?

The coding looks like this:

scene room
with Dissolve (.5)
#Character speak and a few lines later
image faint = Movie(play="faint.webm", pos=(0, 0), anchor=(0, 0))
show faint
GLI "Remember..."
hide faint
#It flashes to the room scene before going to scene BLK
scene BLK

Per K Grok
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: the Ghost Pilot, Sea of Lost Ships, Bubbles and the Pterodactyls, Defenders of Adacan Part 1-3, the Phantom Flyer
itch: per-k-grok

Re: After video ends, it flashes to a previous scene's picture before going to the next scene.

#2 Post by Per K Grok »

AyoGYURIs wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:53 am How do I fix this problem of after a video in the code ends, it flashes to a previous scene's picture for a sec before moving on to the scene?

The coding looks like this:

scene room
with Dissolve (.5)
#Character speak and a few lines later
image faint = Movie(play="faint.webm", pos=(0, 0), anchor=(0, 0))
show faint
GLI "Remember..."
hide faint
#It flashes to the room scene before going to scene BLK
scene BLK
Something I do when I run a cutscene is to change to an all black bg scene first. If there is a small instance of showing the old room before going to the new it will just be a couple of black frames that nobody will even notice.

I define the black background like this

image bg black = "#000"

and then use it with the cutscene like this

scene bg black
$ renpy.movie_cutscene("movie/Spacetwrl.ogv")

AyoGYURIs

Re: After video ends, it flashes to a previous scene's picture before going to the next scene.

#3 Post by AyoGYURIs »

Thank you so much! Definitely more cleaner like this. I'll use it!

rayminator
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by rayminator »

Or you can do it this way as well

start of the first image of the video
start_image="background105"

End of the video
image="background104"

Code: Select all

image movie1 = Movie(channel="movie", play="video/yourvideo.webm", start_image="background105", loop=False, image="background104")
then put it like this

Code: Select all

scene movie1
show movie1