Doubts with the packaging of RPA files in Android distribution

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
CharlieFuu69
Regular
Projects: WIP: LoveLive! UNOFFICIAL PROJECT (Gacha/Rhythm game developed in Ren'Py engine)
Github: CharlieFuu69
itch: https://charliefuu69

Doubts with the packaging of RPA files in Android distribution

#1 Post by CharlieFuu69 »

Hi everyone!.
This is a rookie doubt that I need to clarify. I have tried to make distributions of my game, and wow, the RPA file system works great for Windows distributions.

The issue is when I do the packaging for Android. Assets continue unpacked in folders with the naked eye (I verified this with APK Editor).

Is there a way to also handle RPA files for an Android distribution?... Or is it a function available only for computer distributions?

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Doubts with the packaging of RPA files in Android distribution

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

I believe its not available on Android due to how Android works. I don't know much about archiving.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter