Voice beeps every letters

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Voice beeps every letters

#1 Post by isobellesophia »

Hello everyone,

About renpy implementing voice beeps everytime a character speaks.. i want to make it more unique.

Every time a character talks every letters like...

Code: Select all

a "I<   l< o< v< e<  i< t< !< ##The arrows are pointed where the letters make a beep sound."
Like that.. except for those spaces left behind but the voice only make a short sound when each letter appearing the dialogue.

Thanks for who can help.
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

Re: Voice beeps every letters

#2 Post by trooper6 »

That isn’t possible as far as I know the standard way beeps are done in Ren’Py. Though, most readers can’t usually tell the difference between the standard way and actually having a beep per letter.

If you really want a beep per letter you’ll probably have to go into the RenPy files themselves and reprogram the engine some. That’s all I can imagine. Probably looking into how Renpy puts letters on the screen that have a cps variable and she if you can rewrite the engine there.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978