Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:57 pm
- itch: egot1stical
Hey, I'm very new to using ren.py, and I've run into a bit of an issue. When I use the show sprite command, the sprite is displayed really zoomed in and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. I'm sure it's something simple I am missing, so any help is appreciated!
I use the typical
and it's always zoomed in. It happens with all the sprites that I've tried...
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:26 am
- Completed: numerous
- Tumblr: godlinegames
- Deviantart: godline-games
- itch: godline
Why not unzoom when you show it?
Code: Select all
show l stretch with dissolve:
Then you can adjust based on the size of the zoom. 1.0 should be full size. 0.5 is half size.
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 747
- Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:30 pm
- Completed: Don't Look (AGS game)
- Projects: KANPEKI! ★Perfect Play★
- Organization: Crappy White Wings
- Location: Germany
Several possibilities, since you gave not very much information:
1. The sprite may be just that huge. Check the file. Don't just doubleclick it, because Windows will scale it to fit your screen. Check its metadata or load it into an editor.
2. The definition of the sprite already zooms it. How did you define the image?
3. Something else I can't guess unless I know how you defined the image.
PS: Don't zoom and unzoom images. That's really wonky and will bite you in the rear sooner or later.
Crappy White Wings
(currently quite inactive)
Working on: KANPEKI!
(On Hold: New Eden, Imperial Sea, Pure Light)