I'm doing Ren'py game translation I get error in screens.rpy file please help

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
azrailkenan

I'm doing Ren'py game translation I get error in screens.rpy file please help

#1 Post by azrailkenan »

I want to translate languages in any game, first I throw the program "UnRen v0.8" into the game folder and continue with "9) All of the above".
I get the error in the picture after this process, I get this error in 9 of every 10 games I try.
The error disappears when I delete the screens.rpy file.

I need screens.rpy file to add language option to game menu.

I throw the zzz.rpy file into the game folder of the game but it doesn't work in every game.
Contents of the zzz.rpy file
I am looking at the content of screens.rpy everything is normal, I am not making any changes in the screens.rpy file.

I'm waiting for your help...

NOTE: I have translated this article into English with Google Translate.

Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: I'm doing Ren'py game translation I get error in screens.rpy file please help

#2 Post by Andredron »

Your errors occurred after extracting the script archive. Indents there did not become right. Where there are no indents, you have gaps there that the program complains about

azrailkenan

Re: I'm doing Ren'py game translation I get error in screens.rpy file please help

#4 Post by azrailkenan »

Andredron wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:11 am https://github.com/CensoredUsername/unrpyc
. Rpyc

https://github.com/Lattyware/unrpa
. Rpa

unren.bot - bullshit program

Add translat - viewtopic.php?f=51&t=43333
So how do I open the .rpa file without the unren program
"https://github.com/censoredusername/unrpyc
. Rpyc

https://github.com/lattyware/unrp to
. rPA"
How to run programs on Windows pages, how to use Windows 10 X64 Pro. I use.

one more thing, how do I change the default font of the game Turkish characters get corrupted, which font fully supports Turkish characters

Jackkel Dragon
Veteran
Organization: Nightshade, Team Despair
itch: jackkel-dragon

#5 Post by Jackkel Dragon »

When looking for fonts, using sites that allow for previews of text can be a good way to see if certain characters will display. For instance, Google Fonts allows you to test fonts in your browser before you download them.

Also, it may be useful to look into the information on "unsanctioned translations" in the Ren'Py documentation. I don't know what languages the page is currently written in besides English, but the method described there can help with doing some basic translations without decrypting files. The English page is here.

That same page shows a few possibilities for switching the active font in a game. You may need to know the style names to get these changes to go through, but including lines like this in a .rpy file for the translation can modify styles based on the language:

Code: Select all

translate piglatin python:
    style.default.font = "stonecutter.ttf"
Hopefully at least one of those bits of information helps somewhat. Ren'Py's translation system is pretty powerful, but it can be difficult to use if you don't have the source code of what you are translating.

Edit: For the zzz.rpy file you created to try to force a game into Turkish, I think games that have been launched at least once will already have the _preferences.language value set, which takes precedence. So if you want to force Turkish at all times, maybe add:

Code: Select all

#_preferences.language = "turkish" ## Edit: Actually, don't use this. Apparently it's meant to be used as a read-only, if possible. The code below supposedly sets this.
renpy.change_language("turkish", force=True)
Main Website
Includes information about and links to many of my current and past projects.

Major Game Projects
[Nightshade] Eldritch Academy, Eldritch University, Blooming Nightshade, Flowering Nightshade, Life as Designed
[Team Despair] Corpse Party D2 series

azrailkenan

#6 Post by azrailkenan »

I took care of changing font from gui.rpy, but my screen.rpy problem still

rames44
Veteran

#7 Post by rames44 »

The issue is that sometimes the “decompile tools” lag behind the Ren’py language. You’re using a version of unren that predates a change in Ren’py and the decompiler is making a mistake with the newer Ren’py files. Unrpyc had the same problem until it was updated. On github, it appears that unren was updated about three months ago - you’re still using the version from last September. Try updating to the latest version. Or just edit the screens.rpy to fix the problem.

Or maybe contact the game’s maker and offer your services in a “sanctioned” way. After all, you’re talking about making a derivative work from their property. Unless they’ve specifically put it in the public domain, in the US, at least, that would probably be considered copyright infringement.