How do I make it so that moving the mouse scroller down will advance the text forward even if the text is unread?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Riahuz_15

How do I make it so that moving the mouse scroller down will advance the text forward even if the text is unread?

#1 Post by Riahuz_15 »

Hello.Basically, i dont like to click or use the space bar to move the text along. I like to use the scroller to move the text back and forward. I basically want that.

right now i can only advance the text using clicks or spacebar. i can then scroll upwards to move the text backwards and down to move it forward but I can go past any text I haven't read yet using the mosue scroller.

Remix
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: None... yet (as I'm still looking for an artist)
Projects: An un-named anime based trainer game

Re: How do I make it so that moving the mouse scroller down will advance the text forward even if the text is unread?

#2 Post by Remix »

None too sure I'd advise doing that in a game... Up to you though...

Code: Select all

init python:

config.keymap['dismiss'].append('mousedown_5')
Frameworks & Scriptlets:

Riahuz_15

Re: How do I make it so that moving the mouse scroller down will advance the text forward even if the text is unread?

#3 Post by Riahuz_15 »

Remix wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:06 am None too sure I'd advise doing that in a game... Up to you though...

Code: Select all

init python:

config.keymap['dismiss'].append('mousedown_5')
thank you. I have actually seen that feature in a couple of vn's. its just a preference. i get a faster reading speed and less strain on my finger using the scroller when im marathoning through a vn.